Social Media Use Guidelines
Tomball ISD’s social media accounts are provided for the district and community by the Department of Communications. These pages are updated frequently in order to exchange information with our community, celebrate the achievements of students/staff and communicate timely information.
Posting of comments on any Tomball ISD Social Media page is at the discretion of the page administrators. These guidelines are in place to protect the privacy and rights of Tomball ISD students and staff. Naming specific employees or students in a negative way will not be allowed. The page administrators will review postings to make sure they do not run afoul of the rules nor of the district’s guidelines regarding the use of technology.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will not leave postings up that:
- Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are quoting someone else’s work, reference the person, and, where possible, include a link.
- Discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, disability, socioeconomic standing or non-proficiency in English language skills.
- Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms.
- Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others.
- Are spam or unsolicited advertisements– i.e. repeatedly posting the same comment or comments that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product.
- Postings will be deleted/hidden/removed, as well, should they contain: Profane, threatening, embarrassing, harassing, bullying or racist material.
- Material that is likely to disrupt the learning environment.
- Lewd, vulgar, sexually suggestive, obscene or pornographic content.
- Content that violates or promotes the violation of school rules.
- Political lobbying.
The page administrators reserve the right to remove (or decline to post) any comments at any time, for any reason
Note: these guidelines apply to all Tomball ISD social media pages, including those administered through local campuses and clubs.