Board of Trustees
The key roles and responsibilities of the school board members are:
- Hire and Evaluate the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities
- Approve the school district's budget
- Establish goals and evaluate outcomes
- Adopt and evaluate policies
- Communicate with the community
- Adopt the tax rate
Tomball ISD Board of Trustees has recently been named one of five Honor School Boards by the Texas Association of School Administrators (TASA) as part of its School Board Awards Program.
Each year, the program recognizes outstanding Texas school boards for commitment and service that has made a positive impact on Texas public school students.
For their steadfast commitment to high quality education and their demonstration of outstanding leadership, the Tomball ISD Board of Trustees was named the 2020-2021 Region 4 School Board of the Year and with that honor, are now in the running for Texas Outstanding Board of the Year.