The Tomball Independent School District is governed by an elected seven-member board. School Board members are guardians of the public trust and, through the policies they make, are ultimately responsible for the success or failure of local public education. The board serves as the advocate for educational excellence for the community's youth and puts those interests first. The policies school boards make dictate the standards and philosophy by which schools are run and the criteria used to judge whether they are being run well.
The key roles and responsibilities of the school board members are:
- Hire and Evaluate the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities
- Approve the school district's budget
- Establish goals and evaluate outcomes
- Adopt and evaluate policies
- Communicate with the community