Health Services Department Vision, Mission, and Goals
Tomball ISD students will be healthy, safe, and ready to learn for a successful future.
Tomball ISD Health Services Department facilitates the optimal wellness of students, families, and staff through leadership, quality improvement, and community collaboration.
- Provide accurate comprehensive student health assessments according to Board of Nursing Standards of School Nursing Practice
- Provide state mandated screenings (vision, hearing, spinal, Type 2 diabetes)
- Ensure mandated immunization compliance
- Collaborate with parents and campus educational committees to determine healthcare needs and bests interests of all students
- Provide and direct special procedures for any (special needs) student in the least restrictive environment
- Work closely with students with chronic disabilities to enable them to function in the least restrictive school setting while addressing their individual medical needs
- Ensure every student a healthy and productive lifestyle during their time in school
- Support each student to be in the classroom so they can hear and learn while maintaining a level of health that enables the student to work at their potential
- Work with students, families and employees throughout the district to promote healthy lifestyles with an emphasis on prevention of illness and accidents and a reduction of absenteeism
- Serve as a resource for students and employees regarding health matters
- Present health related programs to the students, including growth and development, drug education, nutrition and hygiene
- Present health related programs and educational opportunities to the employee to include CPR/First Aid training and Wellness programs.
- Meet daily needs of students including medication administration, first aid and emergent situations
- Counsel students, staff and families ensuring a safe, non-judgmental, an confidential environment which allow persons involved to speak freely
- Utilize evidence based practice and nursing scope of practice to optimize health and wellness
- Assist in behavioral and psychological management of students
- Collaborate with members of educational team to support student success with all students and be active participants during ARDs or 504 meetings as appropriate.