COVID-19 In-person meeting safeguards
Given the high concentration of positive cases in Harris County, and within Northwest Harris County, it is in the best interest of public health to put safeguards in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission during in-person Board meetings.
In order to keep staff, Trustees, and members of the public safe, the following strategies will be put in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Face Covering Required
- All those that wish to participate in the meeting in person must wear a face covering at all times.
- CDC Mask Guidance
- Reduction of Seating Capacity
- In order to create socially distant seating, available seating will be reduced.
- Availability to seats will be first-come, first-serve basis. Doors to the John P. Neubauer Administration Building will open at 5:00 pm.
- Overflow and Live Viewing
- If the number of community participants exceeds the reduced seating capacity then no additional members of the public will be allowed in the building.
- If registered speakers are not able to secure a seat, they will still have an opportunity to speak but must exit the building after speaking.
- As customary practice, the recorded Regular Board meeting will be made available on the District website.