Two-Way Dual Language Academy
The Tomball ISD Two-Way Dual Language Academy is a biliteracy program model that integrates native English speakers and native Spanish speakers. Students will receive instruction in both languages through the core content areas of Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies.
The goal of the Dual Language Program is to help students become bilingual, biliterate and bicultural while promoting high academic achievement.
Tomball ISD will serve as a premier district of choice expanding student opportunities to develop a bilingual and biliterate foundation in elementary school.
The mission of the Tomball ISD Dual Language Immersion Program is for all students to reach high levels of academic achievement, develop biliteracy and bilingualism, and cultivate global competence in order to succeed in a multicultural society and global economy.
- Culturally responsive learning environments are essential to effective communication in a global society and will impact our community in a positive way.
- Bilingualism and multilingualism create leadership opportunities and a pipeline to college and career success in a global society.
- Biliteracy and bilingualism at an early age align with the development of languages and will provide more opportunities and a competitive advantage for our students in the future.
- Developing cultural awareness through learning multiple languages will promote acceptance and tolerance amongst well-rounded scholars.
This program is available to incoming kindergarten students during the 2020-2021 school year across Tomball ISD (must be 5 yrs old on or before Sept. 1, 2020).
WHERE WILL PROGRAM BE LOCATED?
17950 Waller Tomball Rd.
Tomball, TX 77377
**The Two-Way Dual Language Academy will be available to incoming kindergarten students living outside the Tomball ISD boundaries, upon application approval.
Parents of incoming Kindergarten students must attend one of the parent informational meetings before applying for the Tomball Two-Way Dual Language Academy. Applications will be available beginning March 4 for the 2020-2021 school year and will be due by 3:30 p.m. on (March 27, 2020) extended to April 10,2020.
Parent meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 from 5:30 - 6:30 PM
All three meetings are scheduled at Rosehill Elementary School.