Tomball ISD Students Earn Prestigious Honor as TMEA All-State Musicians
TOMBALL - Tomball ISD students, representing Tomball High School and Tomball Memorial High School, were recognized on the highest level a high school musician can be honored, being named Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) All-State Musicians.
TISD’s nine students showcased their talents in band, orchestra, or choir. Each fall, over 70,000 high school musicians across the state audition in their TMEA Region. Individually, students perform for a panel of judges. Student musicians who rank the highest advance to compete against student musicians from other Regions in their TMEA Area. The highest-ranking student musicians at the TMEA Area competitions qualify to perform in one of 18 Texas All-State bands, orchestras, and choirs.
The Tomball ISD musicians who qualified performed at the annual TMEA Clinic/Convention in San Antonio, Texas, Feb. 8 – 11, 2023. Nationally-recognized conductors at the convention directed the groups who rehearse for three days and conclude with a performance.
This group was also recently recognized at the March School Board Workshop Meeting.
Tomball ISD’s TMEA All-State Musicians
Tomball Memorial High School
- Huy Nguyen, All-State Tenor Bass Choir (2nd year All-Stater)
- Yerim Colin, All-State Mixed Choir (2nd year All-Stater)
- Cade Carter, All-State Sinfonietta Orchestra
- Lishore Kumar, All-State Symphony Orchestra (2nd year All-Stater)
- Justin Vo, All-State Philharmonic Orchestra (2nd year All-Stater)
Tomball High School
- Jeyne Figueroa, All-State Concert Band
- Gabriela Velazquez, All-State Treble Choir
- Naomi Chad, All-State Mixed Choir (3rd year All-Stater)
ABOUT TOMBALL ISD
Tomball ISD educates students to become responsible, productive citizens by providing innovative, individually rigorous, and personally valuable educational experiences. Founded in 1908, Tomball ISD now encompasses 83 square miles in northwest Harris County and southwest Montgomery County, and is located approximately 30 miles from downtown Houston. The district currently educates nearly 22,000 students at 22 campuses.
- All-State Musicians
- Fine Arts