The Texas Assessment Practice and Released Tests website has a preview available of the new STAAR Math Item Types from HB 3906 that will go into effect in the 2022-2023 school year.
- For a video walkthrough on how to preview a sampler of these new items types within the Cambium platform.
- Screenshots of what these item types look like for each grade level (must be logged into @tomballschools.net email account) or see the PDF available at the bottom of this page.
- Information about the redesign of the STAAR test.
Practice Test How To
New Item Type Answer Keys
This section includes:
- Updated RLA assessed curriculum documents that identify the reading and writing student expectations that will be eligible for assessment on the redesigned RLA tests. Note: Mathematics, science, and social studies assessed curriculum documents will not change.
- Preliminary blueprints that show the distribution of questions, points, and readiness and supporting standards across reporting categories on the redesigned tests. RLA blueprints also include test design information, including the number of passages, the reading load, and the genres eligible for assessment.
For information about the samplers of new item types available through the Texas Assessment Practice and Released tests TEA Assessments website.
- 2022-23 Reading Language Arts (RLA) Assessed Curriculum Documents
- Grades 3-8 Assessments
- Grades 3-5 Spanish Assessments
- EOC Assessments
- STAAR Alternate 2