Our social media sites make it easy to get news and information about our schools and district departments. Visitors can follow our official accounts by clicking the links below. We encourage you to show your support by joining our social media sites!
|Tomball ISD Superintendent||@m_slazarzamora|
|English Language Arts||@TISD_ELAR|
|Tomball High School||@TISDTHS||@TISDTHS|
|Tomball Memorial High School||@TISDTMHS||@TISDTMHS|
|Creekside Park Junior High School||@TISDCPJHS||@TISDCPJHS||@TISDCPJHS|
|Tomball Junior High School||@TISDTJHS||@TISDTJHS||@TISDTJHS|
|Willow Wood Junior High School||@TISDWWJHS||@TISDWWJHS|
|Tomball Star Academy||@TISDTSA||@TomballStarAcademy||@TISDTSA|
|Northpointe Intermediate School||@TISDNIS||@TISDNIS|
|Oakcrest Intermediate School||@TISDOIS||@TISDOIS|
|Tomball Intermediate School||@TISDTIS||@TISDTIS|
|Canyon Pointe Elementary School||@TISDCPES||@TISDCPES|
|Creekside Forest Elementary School||@TISDCFES||@TISDCFES|
|Creekview Elementary School||@TISDCES||@TISDCES|
|Decker Prairie Elementary School||@TISDDPES||@TISDDPES|
|Lakewood Elementary School||@TISDLES1||@TISDLES1|
|Rosehill Elementary School||@TISDRES||@TISDRES|
|Timber Creek Elementary School||@TISDTCES||@TISDTCES|
|Tomball Elementary School||@TISDTES||@TISDTES|
|Wildwood Elementary School||@TISDWES||@TISDWES|
|Willow Creek Elementary School||@TISDWCES||@TISDWCES|
Tomball ISD’s social media accounts are provided for the district and community by the Department of Communications. These pages are updated frequently in order to exchange information with our community, celebrate the achievements of students/staff and communicate timely information.
Posting of comments on any Tomball ISD Social Media page is at the discretion of the page administrators. These guidelines are in place to protect the privacy and rights of Tomball ISD students and staff. Naming specific employees or students in a negative way will not be allowed. The page administrators will review postings to make sure they do not run afoul of the rules nor of the district’s guidelines regarding the use of technology.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will not leave postings up that:
Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are quoting someone else’s work, reference the person, and, where possible, include a link.
Discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, disability, socioeconomic standing or non-proficiency in English language skills.
Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms.
Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others.
Are spam or unsolicited advertisements– i.e. repeatedly posting the same comment or comments that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product.
Postings will be deleted/hidden/removed, as well, should they contain: Profane, threatening, embarrassing, harassing, bullying or racist material.
Material that is likely to disrupt the learning environment.
Lewd, vulgar, sexually suggestive, obscene or pornographic content.
Content that violates or promotes the violation of school rules.
The page administrators reserve the right to remove (or decline to post) any comments at any time, for any reason
Note: these guidelines apply to all Tomball ISD social media pages, including those administered through local campuses and clubs.
Understanding the vernacular within the Twittersphere:
- Tweet: A 280-character message (can contain up to 4 pictures, a GIF, or a video)
- Retweet (RT): Re-sharing or giving credit to someone else's Tweet
- Like: Liking a Tweet indicates you appreciate it, tap the heart icon to like a Tweet
- Feed: The stream of Tweets you see on your homepage
- Handle: Your username; ie; @TomballISD
- Mention (@): A way to reference another user in a tweet and will create a link to that account. Users are notified when mentioned. This is a great way to conduct a public discussion
- Hashtag (#): A way to denote a topic of conversation, it is a way to categorize messages
- Direct Message (DM): A private 280-character message between two people
- Follow: Subscribing to an account, this person's Tweets will show up in your feed
- Followers: Number of people who are following you
- Following: Number of people you are following
- Twittersphere: AKA Twitterverse: collective postings contained within the Twitter website
- Online Glossary: https://help.twitter.com/en/glossary
More about The Mention Symbol @:
This is how Twitter categorizes username or Handle
Click Tweet, then type @ and the handle you wish to mention. For example to mention Tomball ISD, type @T, then a list of Handles will appear, simply select the one you want to mention or continue typing @TomballISD.
If you are with a group of people at an event and they are also present, consider mentioning them in your Tweet.
Mentions are a great way to send praise or to call attention to a specific user or users
More about the Hashtag Symbol #:
Keep everyone on the same page at a given event
Examples: #TeamTomball #DestinationExcellence
Other helpful tips:
- If responding to another account and you want the Tweet to be seen on your timeline use a period at the beginning of the Tweet. Example: ".@TomballISD that book looks amazing!"
- Teachers and Campuses, make sure the students are approved (FERPA Law). If you're unsure, be safe with pics of the back of heads or close up of hands.
- Public events such as Sporting Events, Choir Concerts, and Art Shows are allowed, so please share and tag others in these type of events.
- Quick tips for new profiles: add a profile picture, header picture, update the bio, and start following the district and your school!