In an effort to assist you with enrollment, the following checklist is provided as a reminder of the documents you will need to enroll your child(ren) in a Tomball ISD school. If you are unable to produce the documentation as outlined below, please ask to speak with a campus registrar for assistance. The person enrolling the student must be the student’s natural parent, legal guardian, or other person with legal responsibility for the child along with documentation (such as a birth certificate, court order, power of attorney, etc.).
Student Age is calculated as of September 1 of the current school year.
- Pre-Kindergarten students must be age 4 on or before September 1 of the current school year as well as meet the eligibility requirements for PK.
- Kindergarten students must be age 5 on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- First grade students must be age 6 on or before September 1 of the current school year.
Proof of Residence - (The proof of residence must be a hard copy in the name of the person with legal responsibility for the child or in the name of the person with whom you are living which requires an Affidavit of Residence. An Affidavit of Residence can be obtained through the Chief Administrative Officer located at Central Office, 310 South Cherry Street, Tomball, Texas.)
- Current Residents
- Current Utility Bill (light, gas or water)
- Current Property Tax Statement (with Homestead Exemption)
- Lease Agreement
- Student(s) must be listed as an occupant on apartment lease
- An agreement between individuals requires both notarized signatures
- House Payment Voucher
- Affidavit of Residence
- Future Residents
- Letter from Home Builder *
- Lease Agreement with move-in date indicated *
- * If the move-in date will occur within 6 weeks of the student starting school, an Inter-district Transfer form, with supporting documentation, will need to be completed and approved by the Campus Principal. Move-ins occurring beyond 6-weeks after the student starts school must be approved by a Student Transfers Designee in the Central Administration Office.
- Approved Provisional Inter-district Transfer (Employees Only)
- Affidavit of After School Care attached to a Public Inter-district Transfer form. (These documents may be obtained from Central Office at 310 South Cherry Street, Tomball, Texas.)
Immunization Record – A record showing that the child has the immunizations required by Education Code 38.001, proof that the child is not required to be immunized, or proof that the child is entitled to provisional admission.
Social Security Card – In the state of Texas students are tracked by the state identification number. TEA prefers that students are coded using their Federal Social Security Number and we are required to ask for this information. We can only assign the social security number as the student’s state id when we have acceptable proof of that number. If acceptable proof is not provided an alternative state id number may be used; however, this id is not accepted by institutions of higher education. Acceptable proof includes:
- Copy of the Social Security Card
- Records from previous school
- Income Tax Forms
Proof of Identification for Student
- Under Age 11 (per the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 63.019)
- A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, or another document suitable as proof of the child’s identity as defined by the Commissioner of Education in the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook. and a signed REG022 form (available from the campus registrar) explaining the inability to produce a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- The name of the previous school attended by the child Age 11 and above
- The child’s birth certificate, or another document suitable as proof of the child’s identity as defined by the Commissioner of Education in the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.
- A copy of the child’s records from the schools the child most recently attended
Proof of Identification for Person Enrolling Student
- Current valid state, federal or international photo identification that contains the name, birth date and signature
- Proof of residency as defined above